Sunday, April 24, 2011

Exploring truth and avoiding cancer




A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the importance of alkaline in ones diet because of the deficiency from our over consumption of various processed food products and sugar.  I offered a list of foods to anyone who emailed me.

I want to continue to remind people that I am not doctor; that being said I will proceed. 

There is a necessary ph balance that helps food products grow; I suggested that because we are heavily dependent on foods grown rather than processed, our nutrient requirements would not be so different.  In humans the healthy ph balance is about 7.4.  Further I stated that our excessive intake of sugar more particularly sucrose and fructose are especially harmful to our physiology.  Because of our dietary habits, most people in the U.S. (and likely other developed nations as well), maintain a population of people with highly acidic imbalances (a deficit of alkalinity).  I challenge everyone who reads (and please share it with everyone you know within your network) this article to calculate how much sugar intake you ingest each day or week.  

Further our passion for chocolaty sweets, caffeine and like products add an additional burden to our body.  Utter disregard for the correct pH balance is in part our demise.


Additional curiosities arose for me as I was looking to increase my alkaline intake to balance out the sugars in my own diet.  Not only did I discover the health detriment of caffeine, sugars, sweets, etc; I also began to think about my semester at Tufts in health risks affects in civil engineering forcing me to ponder some of the following topics that helped me link more of what I am concerned about:

1) Cancer does not do well in oxygen rich environments.  When cells fail to thrive they seek environments where they can (oxygen poor environments provide such an environment for cancer)
2) Oxygen cannot adhere to blood cells as well if the ionic charge is highly acidic 
3) Alkaline enrichment can help offset the consequences of an acidic diet (i.e., sugar)
4)  Soy can contribute to or foster environments that cancerous cells require
5) Your pancreas uses an enzyme known as trypsin necessary for protein digestion; soy irritates pancreatic activity (causing stress) reduces the oxygenation counteracting (or acting as an inhibitor) for metabolizes of protein


If you have been told  about as an old remedy or tried, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to help reduce acid- it works, but not just for an upset stomach.  Even the NIH (National Institute of Health) indicates that it reduces blood acids (here).  Still be mindful of your use.  Too much of anything is not a good thing.  Nonetheless, it has really powerful benefits.

We should question why soy is being emphasized as a health product, when we should be getting advised about the importance of moderation of it as well as coffee, chocolate, processed foods (including dairy); and most importantly what is going in to school lunches especially in primary and secondary schools.  I would advise people to look at what a "balanced diet" is.  Lastly I would consider what large pharmaceutical companies stand to lose by being fully transparent and what they stand to gain by people consuming high acid producing foods.   It could mean a significant reduction in the prevalence of cancer which would all but decimate the pharmaceutical and medical industry.   The point here is only to consider the possibilities not attack the pharmaceutical companies- I don't support that approach
Look into the data for yourself, do your home work- do not rely on one source, including me.   Below are some key words that might help you understand more about this content in my article:

Red blood cells; oxygen; trypsin; alkaline; acidity; ph balance; gout; oncogenes; sodium bicarbonate; oxygen exchange. 

My recommendation:
Grow your own food whenever possible and learn to enjoy healthy foods more.  Stop going to the grocery store to buy quick packaged food so often and invest in yourself and your health.  These are just brief thoughts to help you think critically about your health.  Exercise that infuses your body with higher levels of oxygen is important as well; also do not over look the importance of breathing clean air (i.e., take a hike in the mountains once in a while).
If you are interested in more information I have articles and medical references that you may find helpful and informative.  Though I don't consider myself a naturalist, the research I have is both medical and naturalist in nature.
Be well,
Scotland

Ps   If you would like a chart of alkaline and acidic foods you may email me or leave a comment.


 http://greenelements.typepad.com/blog/2011/04/amazing-ph-balance-earth-and-people.html

No comments:

Post a Comment