Monday, April 8, 2013

Self Wellness and Spring

06:09 a.m. and I am calmly racing to the beachfront to enjoy the Sunrise.  The anticipation of this amazing moment in time also reminds me about the importance of self wellness.  Sunrise is at 6:14 today

The grains of sand still moist from the cool night air, the air itself is crisp which is a perfect compliment to the warmth that is soon to engage me.  Befuddled I am, for it is an amenity we often take for granted yet without it, we would be extinct.  It makes sense to greet the Sun daily, acknowledging how much we appreciate what it offers from the warmth of a perfect summer day to the photosynthetic process that provides nourishment  for our biological system-- all of this without expectations.  Why do we not start each day with a ritualistic greeting of appreciation for the sun?

Light blue fades to a tinge of auburn followed by a grayish orange as the clouds across the horizon experience first light.

Peaking now through the openings, a subtle brilliance reveals itself as I my pace slows even further.  I breathe in slowly, allow my eyelids to fall downward and my arms to go limp for a moment.  My body pauses to take in all that is around me as my senses liven-- ahhhhummmm.  The vibration of my deepening tones help awaken my relaxation state of being.  I feel my inner self expand and contract once again.  I have resolved in this moment to reside in an imperturable state of mind... committed to balance and inner peace that is real.

So not to neglect the gift of vision, I open my eyes to embrace fully, what gift is on the horizon. My eyes lock with what appears to be an orange globe, perfectly round and inviting.  My mind speaks quietly, allowing my soul to relax... another expansion and contraction of my lungs absorb the fullness of the morning air as it patiently shifts from cool to warm with the advent of a daily occurrence I call warming.  Personalizing naturally occurring events can help one engage more fully.

Warming is the sunrise effect for me because it does so much more than just warming the Earth; it warms both literally and metaphorically-- what a gift.

As I go through the motions of my posing meditations, I commit to the Sun, rather than pray to it.  This experience is not one or religion, this experience is based on the joy I feel each day, my gratitude for the rising Sun, and the peace it brings into my life.

Daylight is here, Spring has come, and Summer eagerly awaits me, knowing I fully appreciate what lies ahead-- Oh joy...  It is 6:32 what a way to begin living each day.


Be Well and Enjoy the Day

Word of The Day
Daily practice: imperturable: extreme calm, serene, incapable of being upset or agitated

No comments:

Post a Comment